Leafcutter bees can occasionally stray away from their Leafcutter Bee House when strong winds occur, briefly taking them away from their nesting site. Placing multiple nesting houses around your garden or property will increase the chances of leafcutter bees nesting close by and remaining residential in your garden. Spider webs, birds, chemicals and pesticides are also a few other reasons why emerged leafcutter bees may not return throughout the season.
Articles in this section
- When will my leafcutter bees emerge?
- What is leafcutter bee emergence?
- What triggers leafcutter bee emergence?
- When will I see leafcutter bee activity?
- What is leafcutter bee activity?
- I'm not seeing any leafcutter bee activity, is this normal?
- Not all my leafcutter cocoons emerged, why is this?
- Does weather effect leafcutter bee activity?
- Is the positioning of my leafcutter house important?
- Can I tell if my leafcutter bees have emerged?