Absolutely. Pesticides and garden chemicals can dramatically affect leafcutter bees (and many other bees and beneficial insects). Wherever possible, please avoid using them around or near to your Leafcutter Bee House, nesting bees and surrounding flowers. Pesticides and chemicals can kill both active bees and potentially render bee cocoons non-viable.
Articles in this section
- When will my leafcutter bees emerge?
- What is leafcutter bee emergence?
- What triggers leafcutter bee emergence?
- When will I see leafcutter bee activity?
- What is leafcutter bee activity?
- I'm not seeing any leafcutter bee activity, is this normal?
- Not all my leafcutter cocoons emerged, why is this?
- Does weather effect leafcutter bee activity?
- Is the positioning of my leafcutter house important?
- Can I tell if my leafcutter bees have emerged?